Calling all Red Heads

I very rarely do reviews on products on my blog.
Because I know so little about so many things.
The vastness of my ignorance would astound you.
But I wanted to share this product with you.

I grew up as a blond.
Who apparently didn't own a comb.
And my hair got darker as I got older.
And my dresses got shorter.
And through high school my hair turned a dark brown with red highlights.
And I've been dying my hair red for the past 15 years.
Anyone with red color treated hair knows that it is the hardest color to maintain.
It looks wonderful for the first week, then it fades.
Mine turns brassy.
Orangy.
It's not a good look.
I've tried color safe shampoos and conditioners like John Frieda's Radiant Red
Captivating Collection.

Which did absolutely nothing for me.
I've tried John Frieda's Color Glaze.

Which left my hair greasy and my palms stained but my hair still orange.
I finally found a product that not only helps to maintain my color but it deposits color into my hair.
I went to an Aveda Salon for a haircut and was told that they could make a special conditioner for me.
It's called Aveda's Personal Blends.
I chose the color and the scent and my stylist added them to my conditioner.
She used red and violet to counteract the gold, brassy undertones.
I was about due for a color but decided to try this instead.
I washed my hair then applied the conditioner and left it on for about 5 minutes.
I was amazed after I dried my hair.
It looked as though I had just had it done.
It was shiny and the brassiness was gone.
I'm finding that I only need to use this about once a week to maintain my color.
And I am loving that!
It was $15.00 for a 6.7 oz bottle.
But so worth it.

I know that they can make this for any hair color so if you find that you are coloring your locks a lot more often than you want to, you may want to give this a try.

Holly
xxx-ooo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...