Here's One for Ya

I was looking at my header this morning and read that this blog is supposed to be about
decorating,
crafting and
cooking.
Let's not fool ourselves, shall we?
We know it's not about any of those things.
Oh, what high hopes I had when I started this little blog.
Decorating??  Ummmm, ok, that sounds nothing like me.
Crafting?  Not so much.
Cooking?  No thank you.
Honestly, it started off with some of those things.
But it's just too hard to keep up the facade.
I don't have it in me.
Leave me alone.
NO, I'm kidding, don't leave me alone here!!
If you don't read my blog then I'm just some crazy lady typing strange thoughts into space.
At least now I can pretend that 73 people will hear me.

So, I'm feeling a tad guilty about luring you all here with the promise of being creative.
So, I'm giving it another shot.

Vintage Teacup Candles

supplies:
candle from thrift shop - 25 cents
vintage teacup from thrift shop - 50 cents each
3" prewaxed wicks from Michaels - 2.99 for 12
fragrance - I used home fragrance oil in vanilla that I already had on hand


Melt the candle on low on the stove in a small pot used for this purpose only.
Add your fragrance. 
I used about 20 drops for this large candle.
Place new wick inside the teacup.

Pour melted wax into the teacup and allow to cool.

And voila!
 (that's wala for you, Honey)
You have a teacup candle.
Or two.

Yes, I do know that this is very simple and I didn't need to do pictures, but aren't pictures fun?
Even really crappy pictures taken in a kitchen with no lighting by a woman who doesn't know the meaning of ISO and shutter speed?
Yes, they are fun.
If you want to see how it's really done, you can check it out here.
If it's good enough for Martha, it's good enough for me.
And now I've been crafty.
Cross that one off please.
Linking up to Sew Many Ways


Holly
xxx-ooo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...