Twilight kid takes aim at being an action star in Abduction

When does a trailer look better than it should? When it's the preview for Taylor Lautner's new movie Abduction.

Taylor who? You might ask? He's one of the boys soccer mom's drool over from the Twilight movies. And it looks like he's taking his shot at being an action star in this thriller from director John Singleton. As much as it pains me to say it, the film looks like it might be OK given the storyline and supporting cast.

Lautner plays a young man who discovers his baby photo on a missing persons' website and sets out to find out why. Then a bunch of guys with guns show up and things get interesting. Add veteran character actors Alfred Molina, Jason Isaacs, Sigourney Weaver, Maria Bello and the original Mikael Blomkvist from The Girl With The . . . movies and you can consider me intrigued.

I know stars like Lautner and the rest of the Twilight crowd aren't supposed to appeal to my generation. I suppose a part of me should accept that movies are geared to the teenage/early 20s set. Perhaps I should give the dude a chance to prove himself. OK, fine. I'll give Abduction that luxury when it hits DVD and get back to you.

The film opens in theatres Sept. 23.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...