The apes rise again

I keep forgetting there's a new Planet of the Apes movie coming out. Maybe it's because Tim Burton's redo wasn't all that great or that the new film, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, stars James Franco. I dunno.

Below is the first teaser for Rise, due out in August. Most of the carnage in the trailer doesn't happen until towards the end of the movie. The rest is supposed to be a drama. I'm cool with that, but there's nothing in this preview that gets the blood pumping. It does, however, look slick.

I have an interest in another Apes movie like a do in another Three Musketeers movie, which is also slated for release this year. I think it's the lack of originality in Hollywood right now that is keeping us in The Basement from theatres. Try coming up with a new idea once in a while guys. Bah! I'm tired of preaching to dead air.

Watch the preview and judge for yourselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...