It was Supposed to be Turquoise

Several months ago a dear friend of mine, Connie, gave me an antique chair.
She told me I could do anything I wanted with it since it held no sentimental value for her.
I like to tell people that I refinish furniture.
I like to tell them that I make beautiful new things out of old falling apart things.
Apparently, I like to lie.
I do have several pieces of furniture in my garage that I've bought at thrift stores just for this reason.
So, see, it's sort of true.
Except that I haven't done anything with them yet.
So it's sort of not true.
Yes Dad, sort of not true is a lie.

Since the weather has warmed up a bit here, I figured it was time to do something with that chair.
I was planning on painting it turquoise but decided to be unoriginal and paint it yellow like Kris and Genn.  No, Kris and Genn are not yellow, but their chairs are.
Much more sunny and happy.
I had found the strawberry decal months ago in the bargain bin at Michael's for 10 cents.
Heading out now to plant more flowers. 
Holly
xxx-ooo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...