Jason and Shawn review: Legend of the Fist and Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil

Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen

Jason: Action doesn't need translating. Too bad there wasn't more of it in this talky martial arts film featuring the great Donnie Yen. There are about three or four exceptional fight scenes, but they are way too spaced out between long sequences of chatter. I don't mind chatter and plot, but when I watch a kung fu film, I want a lot of kung fu. Sadly, the lack of kung fu means Legend of the Fist has to rate a Bad.

Shawn: We need a kung fu guy and Donnie Yen is he. He ranks right up there with Tony Jaa. This is a guy who can use the big-screen exposure. He is so precise with his moves. This movie is excellent. The story is excellent and the action scenes ridiculously long. It was all a bit too foreign for my tastes, but I know I'll watch it again. My biased kung-fu loving side can't resist a Good here.

Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil

Jason: What a fun, likable movie with lovable characters and some great, gory deaths -- none of which are at the hands of another character! And yes, Katrina Bowden is gorgeous. Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil isn't laugh-a-minute funny, but I did laugh a lot. And one's enjoyment of it doesn't hinge on whether or not he or she is a horror fan. If you dig horror comedies in the vein of Shaun of the Dead, you will likely enjoy Tucker and Dale. I did, and I'm giving it a Good.

Shawn: Well, well, well. What have we here? Could it be? Is this possibly an original movie based on cliched ideas? Wow! This is excellent. I believe it's the best movie I've sat through this year. I liked everything about it. I honestly can't complain about anything except the dog needed to be in it more. Love that dog! And I loved the wood-chipper scene. Loved it! I have to give this movie a Good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...