Trailer Alert: Fright Night (2011)

I remember my cousin Tony taking me to see the original Fright Night on its opening weekend back in 1985. I was 13, we were in Vancouver and it was the first R-rated film I ever saw in a theatre. It was a crazy experience. I was both awestruck and terrified. It was awesome!

The film is held in a special place in my heart. It's a great mix of campy, scary, funny and gruesome. And you can't beat a cast that includes Roddy McDowall as a TV horror movie host who does battle with a real vampire.

I don't know what to make of this remake. The film's been moved to Las Vegas and the Peter Vincent character is now some Sin City magician. And we've got Colin Farrell as the vampire. Whatever. The preview looks OK, but watch and judge for yourselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...