Jason and Shawn review: Rubber

Rubber

Jason: Rubber is a slap in the face to Hollywood and all the sheeple who flock to the mass-market garbage movie studio's make. As long as the sheeple keep watching movies like that, Hollywood will keep making them. That's what Rubber is about, but it's also about a killer tire named Robert. To say Rubber is witty as hell and twice as funny would be an understatement. It's ballsy and has something to say. People will either groove on that or hate it. I grooved on it, and it's getting a Good in books.

Shawn: I'm still processing this movie in my mind. There are so many ideas at work here that I can't turn my brain off. I didn't want to see Rubber because it looked like another dumb comedy like Scary Movie or Vampires Suck. It's not that kind of movie at all. Rubber says a lot about Hollywood and the people who watch Hollywood movies. I can't stop thinking about this movie. Some people will hate it, others will love it. I'm giving it a Good! FYI: Stephen Spinella's Lt. Chad is one of the best movie characters ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...