Pictures and Transcript of Order of the Phoenix Press Conference




Thanks to emma watson Online and emma watson.ca, we have these wonderful pictures of the trio







You can hear the entire press conference thanks to HPANA
And here are a few extracts of this comference

Matthew Vines from Veritaserum.com. What message do you want people to leave the movie with, both from the movie as a whole and from your performances individually?

EW: Well, I guess, in a big way, what this film is about is Harry is in a really, really difficult place. He feels really isolated. He wants to isolate himself, because he thinks that if he does that, then he won't have as much to lose. I think a lot of the film is about Harry's journey to realizing that he doesn't have to do it on his own and the importance of his friends and the importance of just friendship and that you need to sort of look at it in a positive way, as in that actually, the friends that he has and the people he has behind him…while it's scary because he might lose them, it actually gives him something to fight for, and that makes him a much more powerful wizard/man than Voldemort. That was, I think, that was for me, one of the key messages that it was about.
DR: I also think it's about, in terms of Harry's character, it's about sticking to your guns. If you know something is the truth and you know that it's right, then you can't let yourself be compromised by other people and outside forces, and I think that's what Harry and Dumbledore go through in this film. For me, that - along with everything that, obviously, you said - is another central message of the film. Our performances individually: I don't really know. I think it's - I don't think -
EW: I think it's a natural step.
DR: Yeah.
EW: I don't think it's anything that we've really thought about.
DR: No.
EW: I think it's just, as we've grown up, and we've worked with a different director, he's brought out different things in us and helped us to develop -
DR: Yeah.
EW: - and we've learned more and for every film, we learn something new, and we kind of bring all of everything that we've learned together.
DR: Yeah. I think we're all a lot better as well.
EW: Yeah. I think we're better.
DR: We have all grown and developed, and it does add something to the film, certainly, I think.

********************************************************************
With your enormous pay cheque what’s the most extravagant thing you’ve ever treated yourself too over the years?

DR: (clearly delighted) that is exceptional. I’ve not really spent anything. (Shakes his head) I shouldn’t have let you got first with that. We can’t top that! (Rupert's response of getting an ice cream van) (laughs) Nothing particularly exciting. I’m quite interested in art work and stuff like that. I’ve never been particularly into cars or anything like that so I don’t think I’m going to splash out on a classic car collection which people seem to expect me to so I’m not going to be doing anything particularly exciting… (starts to shout jokingly) and I would like to point out that at this time, that I have not bought and never plan to buy a Fiat Punto (small car). This was reported a while ago in London Lite and it was completely untrue and the best of the article said that I was working with Fiat to get just the right shade of green. And I would just like to now state that that has never happened.
EW: I haven’t really. I bought myself an Apple Mac – my little laptop which I love it, it’s my pride and joy and have used it so much that my memory space is used up so I’m going to have to get that topped up. I love it. I’m learning to drive at the moment so at some stage I am going to get a car but to be honest I’m finding driving so hard and getting in a car is so intimidating that I can’t imagine getting myself a big, fat sports car or anything that has an engine bigger than (indicates a small box). I want something really small, safe and unintimidating so I expect that will be my next big extravagance.
DR: (Helpfully) – Get a Punto.
EW: Hm! In a nice shade of green.

********************************************************************

What thoughts have you given to your careers after Harry Potter?

EW: I don’t know either. Um, its funny, you can’t really say this is what I want to do in this business because it’s not really your choice because it’s completely unpredictable. You don’t know what’s out there. You don’t know what films are going to be made. You’ve just got to ride the.. just see what’s out there. I’d like to do some theatre at some point, I’d like to do a period drama, there are loads of different things I want to do. I also really love to sing... don’t worry… I’m not going to do that now...
DR: When’s the album out?
EW: A couple of weeks, next month No don’t worry… but I’d love to do something which has music in it but its’ just what comes up and what works in terms of scheduling. I mean, obviously I have the next two HP films to do and jobbing that with school but next summer I have some time off and am looking for something then but I don’t want to do something just for the sake of it. I want to wait for the right thing to come along.
DR: affirms this.
EW: And hopefully to do the right thing but you just have to see what’s out there and what comes up.

********************************************************************

Does each film have a different feel on set or does it all run together?

RG: This time round it felt a lot more relaxed. David [Yates] makes you feel really calm cos he’s really laid back. Definitely in contrast to Mike Newell
DR: Who was completely mad but wonderful!
EW: Eccentric – great big British Character...
(Dan opens some water but quietly asks Emma if she wants some. She responds very quickly and quietly with a ‘Yes please’ before carrying on…)

********************************************************************


Thanks to dr.uk for the transcript

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...