New Article and New Picture from the Sunday Telegraph



I new interview with Dan was posted in the The Sunday Telegraph , here Dan talks about Harry Potter, what he wants to do for his b-day, December Boys and his fortune!!

Radcliffe talks so much - he admits he can talk for England - that it’s a struggle to keep him quiet enough to take the photographs.

But we manage and, shoot over, he changes back into his teenage boy’s uniform of black T-shirt, skinny jeans and Converse boots to talk some more. And more.

Radcliffe is looking forward to his birthday, although he hasn’t decided if he’ll have a party.

“I probably should, but it depends on how much organisation I’d have to do,” he ponders, seemingly unaware he could afford to pay someone to organise it for him. Or ask his mum.

“I’m terribly excited about my birthday, though. It’ll be brilliant. I think loads of things are going to change as soon as I turn 18, although they probably won’t. But, in my head, I’m suddenly entering a world of being an adult.”

The London-based actor is looking forward to the worldwide release of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, although he admits he’s a little daunted by the film’s many premieres.

“I get a bit nervous; all these people are screaming at you and I never know where to stand or where to look.

“But I think it’s the best film so far. Everybody’s performances have taken a big step up and David Yates’ direction is phenomenal. It’s a hard thing to say without worrying everyone, but it feels like a very different type of film to the rest. It’s really fantastic; it’s the first time I’ve watched one of the films and thought, I can’t wait to see that again.”

In late 2005, he spent time in South Australia filming December Boys, a coming-of-age drama based on the Michael Noonan novel.

Radcliffe plays Maps, one of four orphaned boys who compete to be adopted by a couple they meet on a seaside holiday.

December Boys director Rod Hardy knows that having a star as famous as Radcliffe will be a huge boon for his film.

“I knew I had to find a name to get the financing and when Daniel was mentioned I thought, terrific, but can I afford him? But that wasn’t an issue. Daniel didn’t do the film for the money; it was more because he loved the project.”

Hardy had already cast up-and-coming Adelaide

Despite the five Harry Potter films under his belt, Radcliffe admits to having had a few nerves on the first day of filming December Boys.

“I knew people were going to be expecting the child actor syndrome big-time. They were expecting me to be a complete nightmare, but I like to think I’m not like that. Everybody was really friendly and welcoming and I had a great time.”

In fact, Radcliffe seems to have been a bit of a hit with his new Australian friends.

“He has a great sense of humour,” says Hardy. “He loves to play jokes; at a couple of functions at my house (in Melbourne) he pulled out a deck of cards and entertained guests with magic tricks. He’s very good at it. He loves that kind of stuff and that’s what makes him interesting. He just loves life.”

Hardy says Radcliffe’s performance in Equus should convince everyone there’s more to him than Harry Potter.

“I flew to London from LA to see the opening night of Equus and I was mesmerised by his ability to take on the role. He was on stage 99 per cent of the time and was working with some really good actors, but he was quite extraordinary. If he wants to continue, I think he has the ability to be quite a brilliant young actor.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...