The devil you say? Daredevil headed back to the big screen

I enjoyed Mark Stephen Johnson's 2003 Daredevil movie a whole lot more than most people. And his unrated director's cut is even better. So I'm not disappointed to hear that 20th. Century Fox is moving ahead with a second film.

But gone are Ben Affleck and the rest of the cast, as well as Johnson himself. In is director David Slade, best know for his hard-R rated horror outings Hard Candy and 30 Days of Night.

Of yeah, he made one of the Twilight films too, but I won't begrudge the man a decent paycheck.

Fox isn't calling the film a reboot, but it sure sounds like one. I wouldn't mind having Affleck back, as State of Play and The Town revealed a performer who has matured with age. And I dug his Matt Murdock/Daredevil.

No word yet on what the story will be or when the film is due in theatres. We'll keep you posted, as always.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...