Jason and Shawn review: The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest and Frozen

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest

Jason: Wow this is a lot of movie! This is a fitting finale to a fine trilogy that ups the ante in terms of suspense and even action. There's some great edge-of-your-seat moments and nice character touches. Best of all events from the last two movies really pay off here. Everyone gets what's coming to them and there's even a surprise or two. Fans of the series will love it. Those who are new to the material will be completely lost. I'm giving it a Good, and will be buying the trilogy now that it's complete.

Shawn: This being the third installment it was by far the best one. I still found all the characters shallow, weak, and didn’t have ANY attachment to them whatsoever. Except for the supervillian. They could have played that up a lot more. It ties every other boring entry up nicely without much confusion. It is a well made series, but still sucked in my opinion. I am, however, willing to give this one a high ugly, but it's still and Ugly. I am happy to be done with this series.

Frozen

Jason: Fuck this movie! A trio of boring, spoiled twenty somethings put themselves in a situation where they get exactly what they deserve. 'Nuff said! In fact it's this trio of unlikable, and ultimately dumb, characters that sink would could have been a decent thriller. There are a couple of cringe inducing moments but not enough that I'd ever want to watch it again. Writer/director Adam Green should stick to making fun slasher movies. An Ugly from me on this.

Shawn: Dramatic high point: girl pees on ski lift and loses her dignity. I don’t know, I just didn’t like the movie. The actors were fine, but the movie wasn’t really worth the hour and a half, save for a little gore and wolves eating people. Let me stress LITTLE. I’m not really sure how they could have made this movie exciting. Shawn Ashmore was great though. An Ugly on this one too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...