Behold, your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man

Whether we care or not, another Spider-Man movie is coming. Not from Sam Raimi (thank Christ) but a rebooted version care of director Marc Webb and starring Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

I could give two shits about a new Spider-Man movie. Don't get me wrong, I love the character and, for a time, liked Raimi's take. But those films haven't aged well and, when Sony announced a retooling, the only question I asked was "why bother?"

The movie's release is still 18 months away, but Sony has sneaked us a peak at Garfield in the famous red and blue costume. The image itself is moody, and close inspection shows mechanical web shooters on Parker's wrists like in the original comic -- which I dig, but as a whole I just don't care.

But there are those who do, which is why The Basement has posted the image below. And deep down I hope to be pleasantly surprised when Webb's film hits theatres next year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...