Emma Watson on Interview


Emma Watson (Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films) was interviewed by Alloy and had a few things to say about her most recent project, Ballet Shoes, and Harry Potter. Ballet Shoes is currently in select US theatres. You can see which theatres here. You can also pre-order the DVD here (release date is September 2nd). The interview also included a few photos of Emma in the film, which you can see in our gallery beginning here. Read more to see some of what she had to say.

What was it like working without Rupert and Daniel?
It was nice to be with lots of girls. It was a really nice change because usually on Potter I'm with guys all the time and I was with Lucy [Boynton] and Yasmin [Paige] and Emilia [Fox] and Victoria [Wood] everyday. That was really nice. It was lovely.

What was it like playing Pauline as opposed to Hermione?
One of the great things is that in playing Pauline, I got to dress up and be much more girly. She's an actress, I got to dress up as Alice in Wonderland and there's a part in A Midsummer Night's Dream. Then she's in this film that’s a period piece, so I got to wear a corset and an old dress and a wig. I got to have so much fun with all the '30s make-up. It was really good fun to do something that was out of school uniform and out of jeans and a t-shirt and something completely different. It was lovely.

What kind of parts would you like to play in the future?
There's nothing in particular that I'm looking for. But Pauline, in order to audition, she does some Shakespeare and she's in A Midsummer Night's Dream. For that, I got to read Puck's speech from a A Midsummer Night's Dream. I [would] actually really love to do some Shakespeare. I'd love to do some stage work. I'd love to try that. I actually sing as well, so I'd love to do a movie where I got to use that or, I don't know, anything! I'm very open. There's nothing in particular that I'm chasing after.

What's up next for you?
I'm applying to university in September. I want to study English literature.

Read the entire interview here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...