A Magical Encounter!



Thanks to Alana from the December Boys blog we have a great story of a couple who had a magical encounter.

Matt and Tara where in Australia around December 2005 for vacations, and they did have a magical moment, they went to a restaurant in Kangaroo Island and guess who they saw...YES, it was DAN!! Matt wrote this about his encounter with Dan:

"...dear God, thousands of planets must have aligned perfectly last night…in the restaurant (I’ll omit the name in case there are prying eyes out there) we ended up sitting a table away from Daniel Radcliffe. If you know Tara, at this point you know why this is big news. If you don’t, Daniel Radcliffe plays Harry Potter in the movie series. Now if you know Tara at ALL you definitely know why this is big news. We didn’t want to invade his privacy, but since I knew no one would believe this (it seems so PHENOMENALLY unlikely), I took one picture in his general direction as proof. I’ll crop out all other detail so it can’t possibly turn into some kind of tabloid deal. What an amazing trip..."
And this is Tara’s account:

"Now, admittedly, while this was a huge surprise it was not beyond my imagination. I had heard that Dan was filming the Australian film December Boys on Kangaroo Island, and in some far reach of my mind had thought it would be fun to come across the set. I didn’t go so far as to think I would come across the entire cast and crew and where they were staying. It didn’t take long for Matt (always the observant one, despite the fact that he didn’t recognize Daniel effing Radcliffe) to realize that every single person in the restaurant, other then the two of us, was a part of the movie.
Now despite the fact that I am a total Harry Potter fangirl, I would not go so far as to disturb some poor stranger during his dinner. So no, no introductions or begging for autographs or pictures. I was reluctant to even have the camera, though I admit I appreciate Matt’s daring with the discrete picture-taking.

To sum up, the quote of the day:

Tara (sitting down to dinner near Daniel Radcliffe): 'And now my vacation is complete.'
Matt: 'No, no, not complete. Now it’s magical.'"

They took 2 pictures, and here they are:

Dan and the Cast of December Boys (1)
Dan and the Cast of December Boys (2)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...