Cowboys & Aliens and Green Lantern trailers hit the web

Guess which one looks horrible and which one doesn't?

Kudos to regular contributor Patrick Eakin for already posting these on the Facebook group page, but I just had to chime in with my own 69 cents! First up, the suck: Green Lantern!

I grew up loving the Green Lantern comic, but have always believed a successful film version could be a dicey prospect. This preview proves why.

The CGI costume has to go and the otherworldly settings just look too . . . fake. I dig Ryan Reynolds as an actor, but I don't think he's brought the right tone to this. Everything here screams kids' movie, which is maybe what Warner Bros. had in mind. Not for me. Judge for yourself by the trailer below.



Now the cool: Cowboys & Aliens. Directed by Iron Man's Jon Favreau (great choice) and starring none other than Daniel "My name is Bond, James Bond" Craig and the legendary Harrison Ford, this looks just awesome. One part Unforgiven, another part War of the Worlds. Throw in Steven Spielberg as an executive producer. Sold! But again, judge the trailer for yourself.



Both films hit theatres next summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...