Movie Round Up: Reviews of Sahara and the first 22 minutes of Date Night

Jason here with reviews of two movies watched during a smoky, drunken Thursday night. Well, I lie. It's only a review and a bit as I couldn't sit through even 30 minutes of Date Night. Guess the rating on that one.



Sahara is a wannabe Indiana Jones style adventure that just can't cut it. Based on Clive Cussler's classic adventure novel of the same name, the film offers boat chases, gunfights and stunts galore, but to minimal effect. Unlike Raiders of the Lost Ark, which this movie wants desperately to be, there's nothing here to engage the brain along with the eyeballs.Yes, Penelope Cruz is gorgeous and Steve Zahn makes a great sidekick, but Matthew McConaughey is no Harrison Ford. In the end, Sahara isn't a total waist of time, but I can't recommend it either. A Bad review from The Basement on this one.



Twenty-two minutes in and I hadn't even cracked a smile. Fuck you, Date Night! I'd rate you an Ugly, but I need to see all of you to form a full consensus. And that isn't going to happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...