"From Harry to Hunk"

This Is London has posted a new interview with Daniel Radcliffe, where he talks about Equus.

"Equus is an iconic play. The nude scene is part of it. I can't do it with my pants on. That would be rubbish.

"We've done the scene a couple of times in rehearsal. I had no particular qualms. There's nothing that would stop me getting my kit off if that's what the work demands. The key to serious acting is to lose your inhibitions, to become free and fearle

"I feel OK about my body.

"Not totally, of course, no one my age does ... but I've gone to the gym to make sure. And many of the actors I admire, like Gary Oldman, have gone naked.

"Doing Harry is hard, without question. But this is a massive leap for me.

"Working with Richard Griffiths is a fantastic privilege. This feeling of being in a small company is so different from film where there are thousands involved yet you hardly get to see them. It's the most exhilarating thing I've ever done.

"The techniques are so different from film, even just the basics about projecting your voice without sounding as if you're yelling your head off - all that is new to me.

"When I'm not working I'm quite good at motivating myself. I read a lot. I write and hope to do more, but haven't had anything published yet.

"My main expense is buying books. The stress of exams is another matter - I find that hard to deal with alongside acting.

"I can't drop everything and go out late if I'm filming or rehearsing next day. After a day like today, I just want to go home and go to bed.

"I think people are shocked that I've had girlfriends, which I have, and tend to think I'm a Peter Pan figure - but I'm definitely not, I promise you!

"I don't see any reason why you shouldn't bring kids because of people taking their clothes off, or because of violence to horses. But - and I don't want to insult the intelligence of children - really, a play about the nature of psychiatry? Do you think a five-year-old would be interested?"

About a paparazzo that has been hanging around outside the rehearsal room all day, he said:

"I have to admire his persistence. But does he imagine I'm going to come out naked?

"I can see why people want images of so-called celebrities falling out of clubs drunk. But a boy actor leaving rehearsal and being driven home to his parents? I don't think so."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...